Our law firm is seeking to add a Billing and Collections Coordinator to its accounting department. The Billing and Collections Coordinator will be responsible for executing and processing a high volume of legal services billing invoices for the Firm.
Experience and Qualifications
- Applicants must have an understanding of e-billing platforms and legal services billing procedures, practices and processes.
- Prior work experience in a law firm is preferred.
- Candidates will maintain contact with attorneys with regards to billing, budgets, collection efforts and will observe confidentiality of client and firm matters.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities may be added, modified, or reassigned at the discretion of management and as needs dictate.
- Generate and distribute pre-bills for assigned partners
- Review and edit pre-bills, monthly
- Experience with converting bills to LEDES and correcting formatting issues to ensure bills post properly to e-billing platforms
- Able to handle a high volume of bills per month accuracy of bill submission to e-billing platforms to avoid delays in payments.
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems
- Creates and print final client bills
- Review critical past due invoices over 90+ days on a routine basis for offices and/or assigned clients.
- Follow up on A/R for e-billing clients and other clients as assigned and requested
- Attend to and answer inquiries from staff and attorneys via phone and email in reference to billing, audits and A/R
- Troubleshoot e-billing issues causing delays in payment of bills
- Assist in the appeals/collection of client disputed revenue
- Health, Dental, & Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Eligible to participate in 401K after one year
Job Type: Full-time
Please submit a cover letter & resume in confidence.
Only candidates contacted for an interview will receive a response.
Pay: $35,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year